The Ultimate Liberator!

For the seekers of knowledge
Can there be a knowledge?
better than
The Knowledge of The Divine, Shri Rama!

The one who liberated
Even the blades of grasses
And all the swarms of ants

Leaving none behind
That ever existed
In the Good City of Ayodhya

And placed them in
An exotic heaven
Created exclusively for them
By the Great Grandshire Brahma!

-Nammazhvaar


Ramayanam is Agriculture
Bhagavatham is Harvest
-Me


The twin-syllable, Rama
When a devotee exalts!
The Birth-Death cycle
It permanently halts

Goodness and Wealth
It everyday brings
Sin and poverty
It cleanses and shrinks

-Kambar


Goodness Honesty Sweetness Simplicity
Gentleness Strength Humility Bravery
Valour Talent Prowess Success
Memory Trustworthiness Heroism Genuinity
Such adorable qualities and so much more
By chanting Rama's name you will score!

-Me

My Lord's Story: Goodness Incarnate

Ramayanam in English poetry.

The Supreme Lord of the Universe was once born on this earth as a Human Being, faced challenges and had His share of pain and pleasure going through both good and bad times like any of us. Like any of us He too, took His turn in laughter and cry.

This humility of The Lord, that makes Him come down to earth and share with us our difficulties to show us a way to handle them is what I admire in Him. This quality of Him, makes me surrender to Him unconditionally and makes me want to sing His Glory on and on and on.

My Lord's Story is an out pour of my devotion that seeps out in gratitude for the pains He took to be a lighthouse for us, to cross the ocean of Samsara.

Links to all the posts have been provided in an order on the right side column.


Sunday, May 10, 2020

Subduing The Ocean



























Lord Rama's team just got stronger
With Vibhishan coming in, the team got longer
Between Lanka and them, the sea was the barrier
To reach Lanka, the sea must be the carrier

How to cross the ocean, everybody thought
An idea to the moment, pious Vibhishana brought
He requested Lord Rama to pray to the sea
Whether the ocean God would help them, He wanted to see

Lord Rama accepted that idea as a good one
With the sea God's support, crossing the ocean can be done
Lakshman spread Dharba grass, on the seashore's floor
Lord Rama lay on it, as if knocking a door

A few days went and there was no response
But still with hope, Lord Rama did ensconce
With Rama patiently waiting, a few more days went
No respect for Rama, the ocean's silence meant

Lord Rama reached His patience's brim
The ocean's silence enraged Him
As to why the Ocean God would not respond, He became curious
What ever the reason may be,  Lord Rama became furious

"Lakshman get me my bow and arrow
I will subdue this ocean, like it's a sparrow
The ocean does not respond to me, how dare
I will dry up this ocean, with arrows that flare

Mistaking humility for weakness, seems the way
Then from Humility to prowess, I will have to sway
I will shoot arrows that emit fire
Only after the ocean dries, I will retire"

Saying so Lord Rama started shooting his arrows
The arrows fell on the sea, creating harrows
The temperature of the sea was sent up
Water becoming vapour verily went up

Lord Rama kept shooting, a few more arrows of fire
And then He fixed the arrow, of Brahma the Grand shire
Before He shoot it, The ocean God came there
The folly of not responding, He asked Lord Rama to bear

"Oh Dear Lord of grandest stature
Being impassable is my nature
Abiding by it, I was silent
With me, please do not be violent

I will show you the shallowest spot
Building a bridge,for you, is a idea I got
Kindly accept that and forgive me now
Asking forgiveness, at Your Feet I do bow"

"Your apologies though late, I do agree
Where do I shoot this, please do decree
Bramma's arrow cannot be retrieved
Give me a target and you be relieved"

"Lord! In the north there is a spot
Dhrumakulyam, is the name it has got
Sinful people live there for long
Though committing sin they are very strong

Shoot the arrow there, and let them deplete
This task for me, please do complete"
Saying so the ocean God bowed before Rama
Shooting the arrow there, Rama completed the drama

"Nala and Neelan in your team
They can build a bridge, if they team
The ocean is impassable, it may seem
Not for Shri Rama, I do deem"

Thus Shri Rama subdued the ocean
A great step to destroy Ravana's treason
The first bridge in History was built by Ram
Jai Shri Ram! Jai Jai Shri Ram!!



No comments: