The Ultimate Liberator!

For the seekers of knowledge
Can there be a knowledge?
better than
The Knowledge of The Divine, Shri Rama!

The one who liberated
Even the blades of grasses
And all the swarms of ants

Leaving none behind
That ever existed
In the Good City of Ayodhya

And placed them in
An exotic heaven
Created exclusively for them
By the Great Grandshire Brahma!

-Nammazhvaar


Ramayanam is Agriculture
Bhagavatham is Harvest
-Me


The twin-syllable, Rama
When a devotee exalts!
The Birth-Death cycle
It permanently halts

Goodness and Wealth
It everyday brings
Sin and poverty
It cleanses and shrinks

-Kambar


Goodness Honesty Sweetness Simplicity
Gentleness Strength Humility Bravery
Valour Talent Prowess Success
Memory Trustworthiness Heroism Genuinity
Such adorable qualities and so much more
By chanting Rama's name you will score!

-Me

My Lord's Story: Goodness Incarnate

Ramayanam in English poetry.

The Supreme Lord of the Universe was once born on this earth as a Human Being, faced challenges and had His share of pain and pleasure going through both good and bad times like any of us. Like any of us He too, took His turn in laughter and cry.

This humility of The Lord, that makes Him come down to earth and share with us our difficulties to show us a way to handle them is what I admire in Him. This quality of Him, makes me surrender to Him unconditionally and makes me want to sing His Glory on and on and on.

My Lord's Story is an out pour of my devotion that seeps out in gratitude for the pains He took to be a lighthouse for us, to cross the ocean of Samsara.

Links to all the posts have been provided in an order on the right side column.


Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lord Rama's Noble Decision


Rama paid His respects to The King and Queen
On seeing His father’s distress He became keen
“Father! I see from your face that your heart is sore
I have never seen you lie on the floor”

Rama touched His father on the shoulder
The king did not speak and stayed like a boulder
Rama’s radiant face emanated rays of worry
For the state of His father, He felt sorry

He was ready to take up incessant pain
Only to make His father smile again
He was ready to give up His very life
Or never again see His beloved wife

Not knowing what troubles his dad
He looked at Kaikeyi who was not sad
“Mother! Why has father’s face lost its glow?
He has never been like this as far as I know”

Grabbing her chance Kaikeyi spoke
Hitting the bull’s eye at the very first stroke
“Your father’s character has become weak
He has something to tell you but afraid to speak”

“Long ago I helped him win a crucial war
He gifted me two boons for being its star
Today I asked him to grant me my boon
Not willing to grant it, he became silent soon”

“What are those boons, may I ask?
What for my father is such difficult task?”
“I wanted Bharatha to become king at his behest
Sending you, for fourteen years, to a thick forest”

Lord Rama’s mind pictured everything clean
He understood everything as though he had seen
He decided to protect His father’s word
And for fourteen years to be a jungle bird

He thought with compassion in His mind
Which, to every being, was eternally kind
That it was better for his father to remain sad
Rather than failing in a promise and become bad

Therefore He spoke words that were chosen
Without hatred to the one who did the treason
“Mother! Bharatha is far more noble than me
The King of this country, he deserves to be”

“I am glad I could stay in solitude and ease
Amidst the mountains and trees, relishing peace
You could have secured those boons for later use
And, ordered me to do this. Would I refuse?”

“To the deepest jungle, this minute I would run
Keep me in your heart as your eldest son
As, from the day I knew, you always did
As a farewell gift that’s what I would bid”

Kaikeyi did melt on hearing Rama speak
But she thought Rama was trying to make her weak
For the deluded mind always sees rope as snake
Not ever knowing genuine from fake!

Rama was not the one who would fight for a chair
For He knew, one always gets his karma’s share
Whether people fight for things or not
Karma distributes to everyone their allotted lot

Thus Rama decided with a resolute mind
To leave the palace and its luxuries, all behind
And to live in a forest following ascetics’ norm
Jai Shri Ram! Jai Jai Shri Ram!

4 comments:

lakshmi said...

Looking for the next one.....

ramesh sadasivam said...

Will come soon by Rama's grace.

Jai Shri Ram!

Thilaga. S said...

Very nice..
//He was ready to take up incessant pain
Only to make His father smile again //

//“Mother! Bharatha is far more noble than me
The King of this country, he deserves to be” //
These reflects Lord Rama's wonderful character..is it.?

Jai Sri Ram.!

ramesh sadasivam said...

Yeah.... My Ramayanam is a celebration of Lord Rama's wonderful character.