The Ultimate Liberator!

For the seekers of knowledge
Can there be a knowledge?
better than
The Knowledge of The Divine, Shri Rama!

The one who liberated
Even the blades of grasses
And all the swarms of ants

Leaving none behind
That ever existed
In the Good City of Ayodhya

And placed them in
An exotic heaven
Created exclusively for them
By the Great Grandshire Brahma!

-Nammazhvaar


Ramayanam is Agriculture
Bhagavatham is Harvest
-Me


The twin-syllable, Rama
When a devotee exalts!
The Birth-Death cycle
It permanently halts

Goodness and Wealth
It everyday brings
Sin and poverty
It cleanses and shrinks

-Kambar


Goodness Honesty Sweetness Simplicity
Gentleness Strength Humility Bravery
Valour Talent Prowess Success
Memory Trustworthiness Heroism Genuinity
Such adorable qualities and so much more
By chanting Rama's name you will score!

-Me

My Lord's Story: Goodness Incarnate

Ramayanam in English poetry.

The Supreme Lord of the Universe was once born on this earth as a Human Being, faced challenges and had His share of pain and pleasure going through both good and bad times like any of us. Like any of us He too, took His turn in laughter and cry.

This humility of The Lord, that makes Him come down to earth and share with us our difficulties to show us a way to handle them is what I admire in Him. This quality of Him, makes me surrender to Him unconditionally and makes me want to sing His Glory on and on and on.

My Lord's Story is an out pour of my devotion that seeps out in gratitude for the pains He took to be a lighthouse for us, to cross the ocean of Samsara.

Links to all the posts have been provided in an order on the right side column.


Saturday, November 14, 2009

Friendship Thoughts

Among the many good qualities of Lord Rama, there are quiet a few qualities I have never been able to imbibe till today. I hope writing this article will help me remember and imbibe them in future.

"Rama did not react to harsh words spoken by others. Rama, because of his good bent of mind, felt glad even by a small good deed done to Him and never remembered the many bad things done to him."

But I, on the contrary have exactly the opposite nature. (may be that's why I am attracted to Lord Rama. Opposites attract isn't it?)

People don't even speak harsh to me. But still I react. Even for small things I get disappointed with people and jump into decisions of disconnecting the relationship. They wouldn't even have intended to hurt me. But I do imagine lot of intentions behind their innocent act and create a big fuss about silly things. Also when someone has been good to me for long and disappointed me at one instance again I jump into this disconnecting-relationship decisions forgoing all the good things the person has done to me.

"If some one is disappointed or angry with Rama, Rama identifies the reason and rectifies it instead of being offended by the anger."

Here, I am the one who is getting angry and disappointed. My good hearted friends are the ones who try to identify the reason and rectify it. :(

I have been thinking about this. What is the use of singing His praise all the time and not imbibing any of His qualities? Anyhow, I do console myself that it is only because of singing His praise all the time, some good people come my way and help me realise my mistakes. It is only because of chanting His name all the time that I have been able to be heedful to such people and rectify my mistakes.

Thanks to all my friends out there who have pulled me back into friendship by overlooking my childish behaviour and for still being my friends. (Really, this is not for one person but for a bunch of good hearts out there.)

This doesn't mean that I will never disconnect relationships hereafter. But I will take time, try to understand the person and then decide about whether holding on to the relationship or not. Also, I think I must take enough time before accepting someone as my friend in my heart.

19 comments:

venuss66 said...

It's a good post from you.Forgive and forget the mistakes of the past is the beauty of friendship.To forgive is to use the power of love within. Take care.

ramesh sadasivam said...

:) Thank you Venus.

Parv Kaushik said...

lovely post ramesh! good going!! u will imbibe all the qualities of Lord Rama if u keep going like this!!

ramesh sadasivam said...

Thank you brother! Yeah, I hope too! Planning to come with more thoughts like that as a part of self-rejuvenation.

rajalakshmi said...

Blessed are those who retrospect. They are already on the path of evolution. Great Going,Ramesh.Good post.

kanagu said...

it will be really difficult to follow the footsteps of Lord Rama.. he was way above us humans... all we can do is keep learning from our mistakes.. :)

and this is another nice post :)

venuss66 said...

Hi Shri, your visit and words are much appreciated.Please smile.:)

ramesh sadasivam said...

Dear Hema,
Yes u r true. I do realise humbly that I am blessed. Thanks for ur encouraging words. :)

ramesh sadasivam said...

Dear Kanagu,
U r correct. All we can do is learn from Him. He was at the peak of Goodness, most of us are in the valley. I am sure we too can reach the peak sooner or later keeping him as our role model and chanting his name always.

ramesh sadasivam said...

Dear Venus,
I know u will always appreciate my words. :)

Why please smile? Am I the famous Narasimha Rao?

Vishwanath Seshadri said...

Nice post as usual Ramesh. All of us have defects and very few of us realise it. Most of us think of ourselves as perfection personified while there was and will only be one "Purushottam" and that is our dear Lord Rama.

I am really glad that you have shown us a way to work towards perfection by thinking of and contemplating on the great qualities of our Lord. Only if we constantly do that, as you have done, will some of it rub off on us.

Due to our past tendencies, we may continue to falter and commit errors even while intellectually knowing it. The way, as you have rightly pointed out, to get rid of our defects is to constantly remember and chant the names of our Lord.

cheers

ramesh sadasivam said...

Great words brother!

Cheers!!

Stacey J. Warner said...

Ramesh,

This was a wonderful post and very insightful. You looked at yourself in a very truthful way. Many people fear seeing the own work they need to do on the path of enlightenment.

Your fear makes you respond the way you, you must have been hurt or teased as a little boy so you have big reactions. It is completely understandable. I cradle your heart in it's fear.

You are stronger than this fear. You are now a man and Lord Rama is helping you release the chains of EGO.

You are beautiful!

Much love to you!
-stacey

ramesh sadasivam said...

Hello Stacey,

Thanks for your thoughtful comment. U r correct, 100%. Some elders did try to show their dominance on me.As and when I grew, I got angry and shouted back. They started to keep quiet. I learnt this wrong lesson of getting angry. Now I am unlearning it. :)

AutoDT said...

Meditate often on the teachings and you shall find great personal fulfilment...:)

Blessings to you, brother!:)

Namaste.

Cyrus

ramesh sadasivam said...

Hello brother,

Yeah, nothing is more fulfilling than realizing our mistakes and correcting them.

Namaste to you and your beloveds!

:)

ramesh sadasivam said...

Thank you King. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.

ramesh sadasivam said...

Thank you so much dear friend. Hope you are visiting my blog often.